CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, July 14, 2008

countdowns

i've hated being home so much that i've made a lot of little countdowns... my next gardasil shot (which now i'm wondering WHY i agreed to that... i'm not promiscuous or planning on being such)... when i get to put in my two weeks... my last day of work... when i'm leaving... pretty soon, i'm gonna put one for being back at EU.

i'm really sad.

today, i hung out w/ an old friend for more than a little while... we spent the majority of the time recounting his "escapades"... it was a little awkward b/c we ran into his ex's mom... she gave him the look that could kill... i later figured out why... with only one try.

i've come to a realization. being on the island, a person barely changes. places barely change too...

but it was so nice going around the island and listening to music i grew up w/... i'm bringing it back to eu... it's not exactly eu-appropriate, but i still like it... it's a part of my life that brings me back to a time when i didn't worry so much.

i was driving around with this friend today and we came to this wave spot and it just... captured me. it's times like those... listening to the music, seeing the sights... that i know i'll miss... chances are i might get homesick when i'm back on the mainland. i made a pact w/ my friend to call him and talk about food when i get homesick. he's in culinary so i don't think he'd shut up about food.

we almost saw mountain apples today.

1 comments:

[ amy ] said...

What you said about people and places not changing on the island... I think that happens to everyone who leaves a place and then goes back. I've experienced it a lot here. When you're in school it's such a different life, and you're changing and growing in a way you haven't ever before... going home seems like going back in time. You have changed, and everyone else really hasn't. And it's really difficult because of that.

I don't think knowing that is particularly helpful, but at least know that most college students experience it. I sure have. :) I think it's just a part of life: you move on, while certain people and places around you never do. Kind of stinks sometimes!